Budd Family Tresses
The scan of 9 locks of hair from the Budd and Reed
family. The parents are James and Eunice (Squires)
Budd. Jacob Reed married the daughter, Abbie Budd.
The other children here are Harriet, Jesse, Joseph,
Orsamus and Emaline. Scroll to the right for mini
bios of each individual numbered left to right, top to
bottom. Scroll down for the scan of the mounted
1. James Budd. James was born November 17, 1793 in Fishkill, Columbia
County, NY and died April 16, 1873 in Newark, Wayne co., NY. He
married Eunice Squires (#3) May 25, 1817 in Claverack, NY. He was the
son of Gilbert Budd and Frances Geroe. His line of descent is Gilbert6,
John5, John4, Joseph3, John2, John1.
2. Harriet Budd. Daughter and 8th child of James and Eunice. She was
born August 6, 1837 in Orleans Co., NY and died October 7, 1838 in
Orleans Co., NY.
3. Eunice Squires Budd. Eunice was born March 3, 1797 in Hillsdale,
Columbia Co., NY, the daughter of Jesse Squires and Amy Cole. She died
March 26, 1873 in Newark, Wayne Co., NY.
4. Jesse Squire Budd. Jesse was born August 31, 1823 in Dutchess Co.,
NY and died April 5, 1897 in Murphy, Cherokee Co., NC. He married 1st,
Elmira C. Williams October 4, 1848 in Orleans Co., NY. He married 2nd,
Amanda Albert 1856 in Grover, IN. She was the daughter of Peter Albert
and Sarah Spitzer. She was born 1831 in NY and died August 1859 in
Grover, IN. He married 3rd, Ellen. He married 4th Frances Jamima Barney
in 1860, daughter of James Barney and Elizabeth Crippen. She was born
April 4, 1834 in Glenville, Wayne Co., NY and died January 31, 1897 in
Murphy, Cherokee Co., NC.
5. Jacob Reed. He was born 1820 in Greene Co., NY and died 1855 in
Orleans Co., NY. He is buried in Mt. Albion Cemetery, Mt. Albion, Orleans
6. Abbie Eliza Budd. She was born July 29, 1821 in Rensselaer Co., NY
and died January 23, 1901 in Orleans Co., NY. She married Jacob Reed in
Hulberton, Orleans, Co., NY on February 11, 1845. She is buried in Mt.
Albion Cemetery, Mt. Albion, Orleans Co., NY
7. Joseph D. Budd. He was born March 29, 1830. Left home at age 15 to
go west and make his fortune. He was not heard from again.
8. Orasmus Budd. He was born on August 28, 1825 in Claverack,
Columbia Co., NY. He died June 30, 1830.
9. Emaline (Emma) Lockyers Budd. Emma was born September 19, 1835
and died February 6, 1865. She was married to Luis Myers on January 17,
1853. They had two children, Charles Myers and Harriott Myers.