|This was the second of several Missions named after St. Joseph, built
in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks, and was used in converting the
Indians. It was also used as a place of refuge from hostile Indians.
The hand carving of the facade of the main entrance is conceded by
experts to be one of the finest specimens of ancient carving extent.
|Bexar County Court House and main Plaza. Built of Red Sand Stone in
front of the pretty Main Plaza Park.
|"La Mission de la Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion Purissima de
Acuna." was named after the Virgin Mary and the Spanish viceroy
Don Juan de Acuna and was used by the Franciscan Monks in
converting the Indians. Built 1731.